Wednesday, December 25, 2013

to re-enlist?

To re-enlist?
Rough draft entry - March

Lately just being focusing on myself and having fun. Been buying items (shirts, shoes soon, couple of colored tatts i've been eyeing on) for myself, going to social events that people invite me to. Feeling good being by myself again. anyways been debating...is should i re-enlist? I will be completely out of the military when my contract expires next year. I could stay in the reserves or join active duty. If I stay in the reserves I'll usually have to stay houston unless i find another unit in a different city if i want to move. but its not a sure thing that they would even have a slot open for me to move units. I have no regrets joining, meet some good peoples there and taught me a lot about survival, first aid, and shooting to name a few. If i go active, i can choose 3 destinations that i would like to go but not a guarantee i will be sent there. they will just stick you where you are needed the most. i kinda cringe on that idea not knowing where to be placed at. I think i'm at a point where i want to travel to different cities. the only thing that's holding me back is obviously an apt contract, and my sofa and bed. otherwise i could pack everything i needed and head out where ever i felt like it. of course job security is a concern. honestly, i would like to own a house and call it my own and have a wife and kids. but in this current economy its just not possible to say that you will live in that house for 5+yrs while working for the same company. could be laid off anytime and you're stuck with a house and cant move should you find a better job at the other side of the city or even in a different city all together.
Continue with sometimes a logistical nightmare?


update to this rough draft, decided not to re-enlist due to the government being 'broke' cutting pension and benefits. 
just not worth it in my view anymore. to those who continue serving i salute you.

No comments:

Post a Comment